De Laurentiis confirms Man Utd could snap up top Napoli target


Date published: Monday 15th June 2020 11:04

Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis says he would consider selling Kalidou Koulibaly if the likes of Manchester United offered €100million (£89.7million).

Koulibaly remains one of Europe’s most sought-after defenders, with United and Liverpool among the sides reportedly keen.

More recently, however, reports say Paris Saint-Germain and Newcastle are interested.

PSG will lose Thiago Silva when his contract expires, while Koulibaly could be a major addition for Newcastle’s prospective Saudi owners.

Meanwhile, reports suggest uncertainty over the Senegal international’s fee in the current market.

The transfer window – and player’s fees – will likely be adversely affected by football’s recent shutdown.

However, De Laurentiis has said he is clear about his terms for doing business with other clubs.

“If City or United or PSG with €100million showed up, I would think about it and it is probable that they would leave, always if their will was to leave,” he told Corrierre dello Sport.

“I don’t even consider an offer of €60million (£55million), I am solid. If I wanted to win the Scudetto at any cost today I would find myself with three, four hundred million debts.

 

“I look around and see companies at 500, 600 million, less a billion, I don’t owe anyone a sh*t.”

United are reportedly willing to spend in the upcoming transfer market, despite concerns from other clubs.

Indeed, Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said in May that his side could “exploit” the situation.

MAN UTD LOOKING AT WILFRED NDIDI?

Wilfred Ndidi TEAMtalk

In other news, United reportedly hold an interest in signing in Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi.

Reports before football’s shutdown claimed United were keen on the Nigeria international.

And while Ndidi shut down such talk, the Daily Express now says United continue to track the Nigeria international.

United are also reportedly keen on Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish ahead of the upcoming transfer window.

Read more…



Source of the article

Next Post

'Roger Federer will probably be unseeded for the Australian Open 2021', says analyst

Last week, Roger Federer announced that he will skip the rest of 2020 after undergoing a new right knee surgery. The 20-time Grand Slam champion, who only competed in the Australian Open this year, hoped to make his return in mid-June, but preferred to postpone his return with the aim […]